Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Blog: A little about me.

Welcome to my blog. My name is Clinton and I hope that I will bring you some useful information through this blog, as well as to entertain you a bit with the trials and tribulations of my life. I am 22 years old, and I am a truck driver. I like to surf the internet and randomly learn new things. If you ask me about anything I will share my views and thoughts on the subject. With that said, that is part of what I would like to do with this blog, to have my readers ask questions and for me to answer them. So don't be afraid to post a comment with a question or to shoot me an email if you would prefer to do it that way.



So now a little more info about me. I was born in York, PA. Although I have moved a lot in my life, most of the moves were in a 20 mile radius. I graduated high school in 2004 and went directly into the military. I spent 8 months in the military when I was honorably discharged. I spent most of my enlistment in Virginia Beach, and I have to say, its a nice place, but the cost of living is pretty high. Wouldn't mind moving back someday. After that I moved to Georgia for about 6 months where I laid flooring on Ft. Stewart. I enjoy doing remodelling and home repair kind of stuff. When that was finished, I moved back to PA and bounced around doing a few odds and ends type jobs until i turned 21 when I began my trucking career. I worked for one of the largest trucking companies for a little over a year, and then moved to a smaller local company. Driving has always been my life long goal, so I feel that I have achieved my goal very early in life. But, I am still goal oriented because I have created a new goal to buy my own truck. Once I achieve that goal I will implement a new goal and so on and so forth. I will always have a goal and I will work as hard as it takes to achieve that goal.

I am still single, and would like to get involved with someone, but it is not at the top of my list of things to do. It is sometimes difficult to have a relationship when you work as hard as I do in the trucking industry. Mainly because I am on the road more than I am home.

I intend to post regularly on this blog as often as I can, up to several times a day, depending on the response that I get from my readers. I will check it as often as possible to answer any questions that may be asked from my readers. So be sure to check back often, and make sure to ask questions. Feel free to ask anything even if it is totally unrelated to anything that has been talked about. I enjoy helping people with their problems and if there is anything you need help with feel free to ask. If I do not have an answer for the question I am more than happy to take the time to find an answer or to help point you to where you could find an answer. I guess you could say it would be kind of like a question and answer blog. If you have any questions on the trucking industry those I can usually answer pretty quickly because I have been around the industry most of my life. But again feel free to ask anything about anything and I'll do my best to find an answer.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and I hope this will take off and gain a lot of readers where we can interact with each other.


Until next time,
Young Trucker

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the advantages and disadvantages of working for a small trucking company as opposed to a larger trucking company?

Why were you honorably discharged from the military after only eight months? Were you in the Navy? Usually, you sign up for a four year stint and then two or four years in the reserves. Did you like the military?

What was your favorite job (other than trucking) when you returned to Pennsylvania?

What are your hobbies? Do you like living in rural Pennsylvania?

Anonymous said...

What things did you like about the military? What things didn't you like?

Anonymous said...

Young trucker is my son. Right now things are a lil tuff for him but I am sure in due time things will work their way out. I too am a trucker and we both work for the same company.
Daddy-O

Anonymous said...

Young Trucker is my little brother, and I have a question for you. Why didnt you tell me you had a blog?